Wednesday, 24 August 2011

The story of my photography

Fujifilm Finepix S2500 HD
As stated in my previous blog, I described my camera as not being a proper photography camera.  I own a Fujifilm Finepix S2500 HD (shown right).  The camera is a great beginners camera with an eighteen times zoom and 12.2mp resolution. Impressive for a camera that is not a DSLR, I admit.  I am able to take good photos for a fraction of a cost of a DSLR camera. However, in the future I would like to own a better camera, to take even better pictures.  This camera is good value for money and I am glad I purchased it.  http://fujifilm.co.uk describe the camera as a ''good low-light performer''.  However, this comes at a cost, the camera struggles with day light, especially on a bright day, pictures turn out blurry and hazy. I had this problem at Netteswell pond and with the weather in the U.K being unpredictable, it is difficult to have a whole day that is the optimum weather for taking pictures with this particular camera.


Dobb's weir
Cambridge

I first started photography using a digital camera, at the time, I had no money to afford a better camera.  The camera was a Samsung ES15 which had 10.2mp and 3 times zoom.  I had always enjoyed taking pictures when out with friends and family, however it never occurred to me to take pictures outside of wildlife.  






After not achieving good results in my first year of A-levels, I started A-levels again but with different subjects, one of which being Environmental Science.  Which is where I met a friend of mine who also does photography. Seeing his pictures and camera, made me think about taking pictures of wildlife myself, he recommended that I bought a beginners photography camera.  





Dobb's Weir

I experimented using my Samsung camera, which is not designed for photography purposes, some of the better pictures are shown to the left.  After enjoying photography using a basic digital camera, I wanted to improve my photography skill by purchasing a better camera. After saving up money, I was able to buy the camera that I use today and I have noticed a dramatic difference between the pictures on my old camera to those on my new camera. 

The Palace of Westminster (houses of Parliament)

No comments:

Post a Comment