Friday, 28 September 2012

New camera :)

Apologise for the poor quality picture,
this was taken on my mobile
As some of you may, or may not know, I have decided to apply for university and hopefully (if I get in) I will be studying photography. It has been an interest and hobby of mine for over 2 years now and in my opinion, I have improved considerably. Some of the pictures I took with my digital camera 2-3 years ago were not that bad, getting an upgrade to my last camera (Fujifilm S2500HD) did really help and allowed me to improve and change various settings on the camera. Since I am hopefully going to uni next year, I decided I needed a better camera, so I got myself a Nikon D5100. I did a lot of research, looking at different websites and reviews to help me decide what camera I could get within a budget. I also looked to see what students who also study photography bought camera wise and the D5100 had good reviews as well as other cameras.  I was very happy to get my camera, the only downside was paying extra for delivery by 13th September, got it on the 14th. The camera itself was much better then my high expectations. It is more difficult to use then my previous camera and instructions are on a CD (still not looked at yet) but in time I will get used to using the camera. I have taken a few pictures on my camera which I will write about soon, but I am not sure when I'm am able to take more pictures due to not wanting to go out in Harlow alone with a fairly expensive camera. It is a shame that I am unable to go out and take pictures and feel safe in my home town, but it is better to be safe then sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment